I have joined the Facebook Blogtober Challenge hoping that it will help me reinvigorate my blogging.
In this challenge we post daily on a specific topic assigned, for the month of October.
Day one is 10 facts about me, I am going to be honest and open on the challenges and maybe I will learn something about myself… here we go
- My home is in the village of Uki NSW near Mt Warning, one of the most beautiful places I know and can waste many hours looking out the view from my windows
- Waking up the other morning I thought about how old I am and realised that I can’t really put off doing the things I want to do any longer…I will never fit into those jeans again, and I also realised that I had better figure out what it is I want to do.
- I come across a bit rude sometimes, but it is because I am shy and have self-esteem issues. I am mostly afraid of people and although I am social, I am also very introverted which poses quite a challenge.
- I express myself creatively because I am socially challenged, my home and my studio are my favourite places and when I am there, life makes sense.
- I am a self-taught figurative ceramic sculptor who is now working in abstract drawing and painting and the great leap from one to the other is making my head spin.
- I married the love of my life and consider myself the luckiest woman alive for that
- I hate having my photograph taken because I don’t recognise the woman in the frame at all.
- my sisters are my best friends and I cannot imagine life without them.
- I think Lebanese food is love on a plate and I cook a mean feast, I always imagine I would like to have people over and share food/love with them but I am too introverted to ever do it.
- I saw the movie Jaws too young and am afraid of swimming at the beach.
- I have an unhealthy addiction to art supplies.
10 thoughts on “ten things about me…”
Nice to meet you Lisa! Like your honesty
You too Meg, can’t wait to check out everyones Blogs.
A sweet post Lisa. I am glad you are in the Blogtober challenge.
You are very fortunate to have your sisters. I was closer to my sister than anyone, but I lost her to schizophrenia and miss her dreadfully.
Zom that is sad, Im so sorry.
I think all us creative types have this issue, we want the company of others but prefer our own. I don’t think there can ever be an unhealthy addiction to art supplies or stationary 😆😊
I couldn’t agree more 🙂
So you are something like extroverted introvert, or introverted extrovert? 🙂 What did make you work on projects in drawing instead of ceramic sculptures?
i think I was in a bit of a rut Ruka, I am really drawn to abstract work…now I think I will blend the two and both will be better for it.
I understand all of this. I went through a lot of self esteem problems when I hit 40. I try to embrace the pleasure of life now. One of which – for me – is stationery!
ohhh I get the stationary fetish haha i have that too.